Rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Running fast and jumping lightly... like a deer!

We had venison steak last week and I just had to share the marinade we used with you!  I usually despise venison, it tastes too 'gamey' for me and I just am not a fan of the flavor.  We were given some venison steaks from my Uncle (thank you Uncle Mike!) and I searched online for a marinade for them.  I found one and our family LOVED it!  All 4 of us chowed down, exclaiming over and over how good they were.  When we told the boys that we were eating deer, they starting running through the house and jumping "like a deer".  We used the marinade the next night and the boys chowed down yet again.  We have a hard time getting Eli to eat chicken but he had 2 drumsticks with the marinade on it.  Definitely a keeper!

Mix together-
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced (I used more, we love garlic around here.  I just took a few spoonfulls of chopped garlic out of the jar we always have handy)
1 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

We marinated the venison for 24 hours, the chicken for only about 1 1/2 hours and they both turned out delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment